The Customer Portal provides Rapid7 customers with a centralized place to go to create, track, and manage requests for technical support. Whether you need help troubleshooting or reporting an issue, the Customer Portal is where you should go to get assistance from the Rapid7 Support Team.
Access the Customer Portal directly from the Rapid7 Insight platform. All you have to do is log in to https://insight.rapid7.com/login with your Insight credentials and go to the Help menu to launch the Customer Portal. If you want a direct link to the Customer Portal, please click here.
If you've been a Rapid7 customer for a while, you'll notice the following changes to your support experience:
- You will now access the Customer Portal from the Insight Platform. This will provide benefits such as:
- A more streamlined approach to responding to your requests
- One set of credentials for Platform and Portal
- Easy access to release notes, documentation, the status page and most popular articles
- Ability to add user accounts to the portal for your colleagues
- You will no longer be able to log in to the legacy Support Portal using your old credentials.
- Email support is no longer available. You will now be required to open new cases through the Customer Portal. This will ensure you get a timely response based on the information you provide to us initially about your issue. You can still reply to open cases using email, but if you need to re-open your case, you must do this within 10 days of closure:
- Log into https://insight.rapid7.com
- Click 'Contact Support' from the ‘?’ dropdown top right
- Click 'View my Cases'
- Click 'Closed Cases'
- Find your case number
- Click into case
- Click 'Re-Open'
Requests for enhancements or ideas can be created directly from a case in the Customer Portal. Learn how to submit enhancement requests.
- Requests for enhancements or ideas can be created directly from a case in the Customer Portal.
The new Customer Portal experience will still allow you to create, track, and manage your support cases. In addition, it:
- Reduces the number of credentials you need to manage that access Rapid7 resources.
Allows you to easily get help from within the Insight platform.
- Enables our Support Team to better understand your issues and route cases accordingly.
- Allows us to recommend content and resources so that you can troubleshoot and resolve your issues.
We totally expect you to have questions about these changes. We'll try our best to capture the most frequently asked ones. If there's something we're missing, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your Customer Success Manager directly.
We are updating the case statuses in line with our brand new Customer Support Guidebook. You may notice that a previous status on your case has been updated to a new status. If this has happened and you’d like to check out our status definitions, please read these in the Guidebook above. Click on ‘Tracking a Case’ to jump to the status definitions.
We've renamed the Support Portal to the Customer Portal and included a few major improvements. You'll still be able to do most of the things you were able to previously do, such as create and track your support requests. Besides the renaming, the new Customer Portal comes with several major changes that target improving our overall customer experience. The most notable change is the ability to use your Insight credentials to log in to the Insight platform and Customer Portal. Single-sign on for the win!
Yes. you need to log into https://insight.rapid7.com/login, then click on '?' top right and then click on 'Contact Support'.
I don’t have a login to the Insight Platform but I know someone in my company does. Can they add me as a user so I can access the Customer Portal?
Yes, they can add you. They need to be a Platform Admin with the ability to add users.
Check your email. You should have received an email with steps to verify your new account. If you haven't received an email, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager directly or have the Rapid7 main account holder email email@example.com.
The subject of the email should be: "Need Access to Support Portal." Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Name of the customer who needs access to the Customer Portal
- Phone number
- Job title
- Time zone
Alternatively, you can fill out this form:
Why won't my credentials work? I set up my Rapid7 Insight credentials following the instructions in the email.
The email may have expired. Go to https://insight.rapid7.com/login and click on Need help signing in > ‘Haven’t activated your account?. You'll need to provide your email address to reactivate your account.
Why haven't I been able to reset my password? I clicked to resend my password and have not received an email.
- Please check that the email has not gone into your junk or spam folders.
- Reach out to your Customer Success Manager if you are still having issues.
- Please contact our Sales Team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not have a Customer Success Manager.
I’m new to the Rapid7 Insight platform. How can I get some help on navigating around?
Please visit https://insight.help.rapid7.com/docs.
Check out https://insight.help.rapid7.com/docs
All cases will have a new case number due to the migration to our new Portal. If you have any issues because of this, we will be happy to assist. We have all new case numbers mapped back to the old if these are required. Just send us a reply on the case for which you need the number of and we will update you.
No. We are just adding an account for you on the Platform. Your data will not be moved unless you request this.
This is a registration email to the Insight platform. These are sent out when you have been set up with a user account on the Platform.
If you have not requested to be migrated to the platform for your product data then this will be because we have set you up with an account in order to access the Customer Portal. There is no data involved with this and data will not be moved to the cloud. To access the Customer Portal you log in to the Platform and click on ‘Contact Support’ from the ‘Help’ dropdown menu.
I had access to the old Support Portal and now when I log into the Insight Platform and click on ‘Contact Support’, I get an SSO error. What do I do?
Your username must match the one you used for the old Support Portal. Check that your email address you are using for your username to login is the same as you used previously to access the old Support Portal. If you are using a different email address on the Insight Platform than before, then you can do any of the following:
- Add a new user to the Platform or have your Platform admin add a new user with the same email address as before. Log in as this user and click ‘Contact Support’.
- Update your email address on the Platform by adding a new user to the Platform or have your Platform admin add a new user with the same email address as before, and then remove your old user name. Log in as this new user, and then click ‘Contact Support’.
- Contact your CSM and request that your email address is updated on our side so that you can access the Customer Portal.
I am getting a blank page when I try to access the Insight Platform login page. What do I need to whitelist?
It may be due to restrictions on domains you can browse. You will need to whitelist these domains to view the page and login:
These may also be required for full functionality:
If you are not sure how to determine this, please turn on web developer tools in your browser, select the option "persist logs" and then navigate to the site. It will show all the traffic occurring and will show if things are blocked.